Live your life in full motion!
We are the leaders in the orthopedic community of East Central Florida, The Orthopedic Clinic has served our community since 1961. We get our patients back to the life they love with high quality, individualized orthopedic care. The Orthopedic Clinic is seeking a dedicated results driven candidate that has previous experience with Physical Therapy insurance authorizations, AR, claims review and front desk to join our dynamic team as Billing and Verification Coordinator for Physical Therapy.
The Billing and Verification Coordinator for Physical Therapy will work directly under the supervision of our Physical Therapy Manager to create a smooth flow of information to our patients and our clinical team. The Billing and Verification Coordinator for Physical Therapy will be accountable for validating insurance eligibility for therapy benefits, co-pays, securing authorizations, limitations, approved # of visits, and expiration dates for authorizations for physical therapy patients. This team orientated fast-paced environment requires someone with great attention to detail, exemplary customer service skills, problem solving, and organizational skills.
We believe every patient should receive the best possible care, our practice offers an array of services specializing in general orthopedics, spine care, sports reconstruction, adult reconstruction and non-surgical treatments. We currently have eleven Orthopedic Surgeons, one Interventional Pain Management Physician, Mid-Level Providers, and a Physical Therapy team who serve patients at four locations within Volusia and Flagler counties.
What the Billing and Verification Coordinator for Physical Therapy will do:
- Perform insurance verification and eligibility for Physical Therapy visits at all locations.
- Submit, process, track, and follows up on all claims for physical therapy visits in a timely fashion.
- Establishes an effective and highly efficient workflow ensuring authorizations and claims are obtained, tracked and processed properly.
- Take action on each non-payment or zero pay claim, including contacting insurance companies as needed to diagnose, correct, and rebill claims
- Communicates with clinicians and department staff when there are issues with authorizations.
- Contacts insurance companies via phone and/or web to verify client’s physical therapy benefits and provides Insurance with basic clinical information in patients chart to justify medical necessity.
- Trained as back up support for front desk staff to fill in when coverage needed.
Experience and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of physical therapy billing, out of network benefits, collection administration, industry and government regulations and reimbursements.
- Minimum of High School Diploma with two years of medical experience in an accredited health care facility
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, EHR software applications, preferably Athena
- Valid Driver’s License / Clean Driving Record/ Proof of auto insurance
Full compensation package to include: competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD. Life insurance, 401k, profit sharing, paid time off, continuing education reimbursement
The Orthopedic Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribe to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, sex (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, and gender identity), disability or handicap, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran, or current or future military status or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. The Orthopedic Clinic is a drug free workplace all applicants under consideration for employment will be drug screened and background checked as part of the hiring process.