About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Supervises the activities for the B. Braun Chemistry Laboratory. Responsible for proper oversight and development of Product Quality Control, Bioburden, Environmental Monitoring and Sterility Assurance Programs. Operates in accordance with company policies and procedures and FDA Regulations.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Responsible for the quality control and releasing of all finished or semi-finished products in the production line when required. This may include the following: Responsible to ensure compliance of products with the quality requirements during releasing of products.
- Assisting the Executive in the execution of the Quality Control functions to ensure products, test reports and batch records are in compliance with the quality requirements.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Provides direct or supervision to a group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals. Accountabilities include work and people scheduling, performance management and recommendations for hiring decisions.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit operations. May consult with senior management.
Expertise: Qualifications – Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelors degree.
- 02-04 years related experience required.
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver’s license and passport, Ability to work non-stand schedule as needed, On-call hours as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Frequently: Stand
- Constantly: Sit
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Sitting , Standing
- Occasionally: Proximity to moving parts
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Low
- Occasionally: Production/manufacturing environment, Warehouse environment
- Frequently: Lab environment
- Constantly: Office environment
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.