Like a Grilled Chicken Wrap, the SONIC Drive-In Restaurant Team Member position is a savory plethora of food service responsibilities rolled into one. You’ll work Fountain & Frozen, Food Production, Grill, Fryer, Switchboard and, if applicable, Drive-Thru. SONIC Drive-In is a food service mecca, and our Restaurant Team Member is at the center.
Restaurant Team Member duties may include:
•Taking orders and making accurate change quickly
•Providing food service to our guests with enthusiasm
•Packaging all menu items and checking for product quality and consistency
•Preparing drinks and ice cream treats
•Preparing food orders, cooking on the grill, operating the fry station as needed
•Cleaning the drive-in restaurants — including trash disposal, mopping, sweeping, washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and sanitizing food areas
QD Sonics – Pay Rate $7.25-$15.00 (AL), $10.00-$15.00(FL)
Restaurant Team Member Requirements:
•Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
•Ability to be flexible in all situations based on restaurant business need
•Effective communication skills; basic math and reading skills
•Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at Sonic Drive-In restaurants
•General knowledge and understanding of the food service / restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required
Additional Restaurant Team Member Qualifications…
•Friendly and welcoming individuals who enjoy providing pleasant and courteous food service to our guests!
•A willingness to cross-train in all of the stations. It never gets dull here!
•Motivated individuals who are team players and committed to keeping our drive-in restaurants clean and safe.
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the SONIC Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee’s knees, cruisin’ . . . you get the picture! It’s downright sensational!!
All that’s missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers
- Job description
- There are two kinds of people in this world: SONIC employees and those who wish they were SONIC employees. This elite group gets to work with awesome people, earn great pay, and sport the cool uniform.Being an Assistant Manager at a SONIC Drive-In restaurant is the cherry on top of a Strawberry Banana Split Molten Cake Sundae. You’ll assist the drive-in restaurant’s General Manager in managing drive-in operations. You will also be involved in training and supporting other employees to ensure we provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner. We want every guest to have an enjoyable dining experience every time they come to SONIC.Basic job duties for the drive-in restaurant’s Assistant Manager include:
- Manages, trains, monitors and coaches Team / Crew Members, Carhops and Skating Carhops
- Directs and assigns drive-in restaurant employees as needed to ensure all aspects of food service meet operational standards
- Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in restaurant employee handbook, policies and practices
- Performs restaurant opening and/or closing duties
- Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to staffing levels, inventory levels and food cost control
- Completes weekly inventory as needed
- Assists in administrative duties including maintaining files, records and all required documentation
- Reinforces a customer service mentality and ensures all employees are focused on serving the customer at all times.
- Immediately and respectfully responds to guest requests. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints.
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required
- Minimum of six months of restaurant management experience (QSR) or one year entry level retail management experience required. Experience running shifts without supervision
- Effective communication skills; basic math, reading and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
- Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
- Friendly and smiling faces that enjoy providing courteous food service to our guests!
- Professional individuals who value people and demonstrate respect for others!
- A team player willing to meet and exceed drive-in goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead team members.
- Dedicated individuals with a proven track record of building sales, creative marketing, expense management and developing people into successful teams.