To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, knowledgeable, and responsible men and women.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
1. Meet and instructs assigned students in the locations and at the time designated.
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs,
interests, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the
maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of
5. Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior and
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum standards and
establishes clear objectives which reflect these standards for all lessons, units, and
7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media.
8. Implements the school’s mission, philosophy of education and instructional standards and
9. Assesses and documents the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides
progress reports as required.
10. Documents the learning problems of students and seeks the assistance of specialists as
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials,
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, school policy, and
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life
and conduct and, for the classroom behavior and procedure, maintaining order in the
classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes
outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for educational assistant(s) and volunteer(s)
and, cooperatively with supervisors, assesses their job performance.
16. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence especially as relates to the
specific assignment and student grade and subject area appropriateness.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
18. Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with others.
19. Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, colleagues, and
parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of assigned students.
20. Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other related responsibilities as may
from time to time be assigned by the School Director as appropriate.
Teacher Job Description
1. A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
2. Maintains a valid teacher certification which is grade level and subject area appropriate
for the particular assignment as required by federal, state or local regulations, laws or regulatory bodies including the No Child Left Behind Act; which includes current state certification, acceptable scores on mandatory tests or other documentation meeting the
requirements set forth by our organization and /or regulatory bodies for this position.
3. Prior experience or formal training in working with at-risk” students preferred.
4. A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner with a variety of constituencies
including parents, students, and staff.
5. Ability to effectively educate and manage students from varying backgrounds and socio
6. Experience in effectively handling conflict.
7. Must possess a sense of humor.
8. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company may find appropriate and
Assigned students and any assigned paraprofessionals as appropriate.
Teacher Salary Schedule
Local travel primarily
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incident to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or
Teacher Job Description – 2021/2022School Year
others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimal levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
NORMAL WORKING HOURS AND DAYS:
Monday through Friday, as designated by the school site hours of operation and the Student Academic Calendar for the location.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
2. Work Environment
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with company procedures established on the evaluation of professional personnel.
Per current Teacher Salary Schedule for the school site.
If this position is a Federally-Funded position, you will be required to record Time and Effort.
Teacher Job Description – 2021/2022 School Year
JOB DESCRIPTION EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
I have read the Teacher job description and understand the job requirements and expectations.