Live your life in full motion!
We are the leaders in the orthopedic community of East Central Florida, The Orthopedic Clinic has served our community since 1961. We get our patients back to the life they love with high quality, individualized orthopedic care. The Orthopedic Clinic is seeking an upbeat and energetic candidate that has previous call center or medical office experience to join our dynamic team as a Patient Access Specialist.
The Patient Access Specialist will work directly with our patients to create an exceptional patient experience while ensuring accurate, efficient and effective scheduling procedures are followed. Our Patient Access Specialist is the first point of contact to our patients, outside physician practices, and vendor partners. This role requires exemplary customer service skills, problem solving, organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
We believe every patient should receive the best possible care, our practice offers an array of services specializing in general orthopedics, spine care, sports reconstruction, adult reconstruction, and non-surgical treatments. We currently have eleven Orthopedic Surgeons, one Interventional Pain Management Physician, Mid-Level Providers, and a Physical Therapy team who serve patients at four locations within Volusia and Flagler counties.
What the Patient Access Specialist will do:
• Answers phones and handles calls in a professional, efficient, and friendly manner.
• Accurately enters, add, and updates insurance information into athenaNet
• Performs initial insurance eligibility and verification
• Informs patient of financial policies and procedures
• Attempts to collect any outstanding balances and makes payment plan arrangements.
• Informs patients of any pre-appointment preparations, required documentation for an appointment,
arrival time, photo ID, insurance card, and list of medications.
• Handles calls from outside entities (Hospitals, Home Health Agencies, Laboratories, Pharmacies,
Imaging Facilities, etc.) regarding the coordination of patient
• Obtains pertinent information for hospital consults, routes accordingly to on-call provider, and
follows up to ensure consult has been completed
• Covers for other staff at the front desk as asked, including coverage at other locations
Experience and Abilities:
• Minimum of High School Diploma
• Previous call center and/or customer service experience, preferably in medical/healthcare setting
•Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, EHR software applications, preferably Athena
• Valid Driver’s License / Clean Driving Record/ Proof of auto insurance
Full compensation package to include competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD. Life insurance, 401k, profit sharing, paid time off, continuing education reimbursement
Please submit your resume to Careers@orthotoc.com or visit our website www.orthotoc.com/careers
The Orthopedic Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, sex (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, and gender identity), disability or handicap, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran, or current or future military status or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. The Orthopedic Clinic is a drug-free workplace all applicants under consideration for employment will be drug screened and background checked as part of the hiring process.