About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Installs and troubleshoots electronic controls. Provides operating software for automated systems. Installs electrical components and wiring. Maintains Equipment to operate in a validated state at peak operational efficiency.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs scheduled maintenance on manufacturing machines and systems.
- Repairs the malfunction of machines, systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Routinely checks on machinery and systems for signs of fault in order to prevent or minimize downtime and interruptions.
- Initiates improvement on the functionality of machines and equipment to increase its efficiency.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of job.
- For more senior position, might act as a team leader to ensure that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing team members.
- Documents activities accordingly.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply intermediate working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action. Performs Intermediate shop floor competencies.
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish assigned task.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required.
- 2-4 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Ability to work nonstand schedule as needed, Oncall hours as needed.
- Regular and predictable onsite attendance.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Moderate Work – Exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs of force frequently, and or 10 lbs of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand, Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally: Climbing stairs/ladders, Finger feeling, Kneeling/Crawling, Sitting , Talking ordinary, loud/quick
- Frequently: Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Stooping/squatting, Walking
- Constantly: Seeing depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Standing
- Occasionally: Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals (in most areas) , Fumes, Dust
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Proximity to moving parts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Office environment
- Frequently: Warehouse environment
- Constantly: Production/manufacturing environment