As a Handyman/Maintenance Worker, you will ensure all grounds and equipment are in good working order to maintain a safe, attractive, and enjoyable living and working environment for the individuals we serve.
- Oversee ongoing preventative maintenance of multiple programs/offices across an assigned region.
- Plan and schedule work assignments to accomplish workload with available resources and equipment. Coordinate with outside contractors to ensure quality of work delivered. Analyze and resolve complaints pertaining to services, and equipment in area of responsibility.
- Communicate departmental procedures for maintenance and operation of buildings. Maintain the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Repair and maintain kitchen, housekeeping, and other mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning units, electrical/plumbing fixtures, painting, and laundry equipment.
- Draft plans for building needs. Read blueprints and implement work accordingly. Wire buildings for computer networking. Inspect and repair all damages to building surfaces.
- Plan and direct inventory control program for equipment, parts, and supplies. Oversee the establishment of accounts with material vendors. Order and maintain necessary maintenance supplies.
- Maintain appliance motors, room exhaust fans, pumps and miscellaneous equipment on a monthly basis or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Work with building inspectors, fire marshals, and vendors. Maintain fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors, and fire pull. Assist with safety and disaster plans as appropriate.
- Maintain operational records, data, and monitor and enforce observance of safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year related experience
- Working knowledge and ability to handle all maintenance and electrical equipment
- Valid Florida driver’s license
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan.
- Rewarding, complex work adding value to the organization’s mission alongside a great team of co-workers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you’ll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets