Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials as well as select and pick orders for shipment. Ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, selection, and shipment of food products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
• Move product to storage areas with proper equipment.
• Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
• Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
• Check and count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
• Participate in physical inventories as needed.
• Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment to include (but not limited to) stand up forklift, stand up straddle truck, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency equipment.
• Report all safety malfunctions on equipment.
• Comply with OSHA standards.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
• Charge forklift battery as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of 35 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 30 ft. and be able to access elevated products from inside safety cage
• May stand to rebuild pallets with products. Requires tolerance of standing posture up to 5 hours, over an 8-hour shift
• Occasionally works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
• High school diploma or equivalent and relevant certifications
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work varied schedule including weekend and early morning shifts
• Strong commitment to CUSTOMER SERVICE
• Ability to pay close attention to details, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals or task assignments
• Ability to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving information.
• Must transfer boxes weighing up to 55 lbs. from ground level to 80 inches in height and up 70 lbs. to 50 inches in height rebuilding pallets. Lifting and carrying product a distance of 6 ft. without mechanical assistance.
$10.10 & Up
To fulfill daily orders for the stores. Orders must be picked accurately and still maintain the production number that is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Checking in equipment, Puller must inspect pallet jack before the shift starts, fill out an inspection sheet and report any malfunction or damages immediately.
• Reports to table area to start assignments.
• Puller will be assigned a store order to pull, will receive white case labels, ID sheet and plastic pallet and will start pulling his order.
• Puller will verify the correct aisle where he will start pulling his order.
• At the beginning of the order he will verify location, sku, description and pick the correct amount of cases.
• Puller will place the case label on the case after the case has been picked and placed on the pallet, on long side of the case.
• Puller will stack cases safely and secure heavy items on the bottom and light items on top of the stacked pallet.
• Pullers will hand wrap pallets all the time. Pallets with light items will be wrapped from the bottom of pallet to the top; pallets with heavy items will be wrapped from half to the top of the pallet.
• When the order is complete the puller will place the ID pallet tag on front of pallet and stage it in the wrapping area.
• All orders pulled must be accurate, correct items and correct amounts.
• Will follow breaks and lunches.
• Verbal communication skills. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and diverse workforce.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lifting up to 40lbs
• Meet the minimum tier level
• Work a flexible schedule.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong commitment to customer Service.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail, meets dead lines, and work with difficult task assignments.
• Good communication skills with co-workers and client.