About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Responsible for functioning as an individual contributor and subject matter expert for manufacturing systems, processes, planning, and troubleshooting. Provide engineering expertise toward the design, development, installation, evaluation, startup, verification, maintenance, sustainability, and process optimization of manufacturing services, systems and equipment. Demonstrate expertise within the engineering field while working across a variety of functional groups that are directly involved in site operations.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs troubleshooting and modifications to the automated equipment adhering to Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices GMP change control standards and policies.
- Creates and modifies system specifications and standard operating procedures for the systems supported.
- Trains users and peers on systems.
- Contributes to development of continuous improvement to systems.
- Documentation, testing, commissioning and validation support following GDP.
- Provides project implementation support.
- Performs administrative, upgrades and maintenance tasks for control systems.
- Supervises consultants and contractors.
- Ability to manage medium complex projects without assistance.
- Recommends design improvements.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires breadth of professional field and industry knowledge. Ability to integrate critical information and champion advanced strategies/concepts through the organization. Drives development of advanced technologies, principles and processes.
- Provides direct or supervision to a group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals. Accountabilities include work and people scheduling, performance management and recommendations for hiring decisions.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit operations. May consult with senior management.
Expertise: Qualifications – Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver’s license and passport, Ability to work non-stand schedule as needed, On-call hours as needed
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently: Stand, Sit
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward
- Frequently: Sitting , Standing
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Warehouse environment, Lab environment
- Frequently: Production/manufacturing environment
- Constantly: Office environment
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.