Job ID 19000LBI
Description Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: United States-FL-FLDaytona Beach
Function: Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
DSP – FULL TIME AND PART TIME in ICF
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our Direct Care team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Caregiver (Direct Support Professional, DSP) with Florida MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a compassionate person to successfully provide assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation and planning, medication administration, and personal care. In this role you will also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. Our Caregivers also partner with clinical staff to support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
Are you interested in working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and are you looking for a meaningful change in your work life?
If you have a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Must have 1 years’ experience with related Direct Care
- Valid Florida Driver’s license with no suspensions due to moving violations in past 3 years
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- A Level 2 background check will be conducted for this position
What we offer you:
- Full and Part time schedules available; PRN/On Call shifts available
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates; paid training
- Paid time off and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
Initial Training Requirement–Paid Training:
Mandatory, paid training sessions offered to new employees prior to providing care to individuals. Sessions are held Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Florida MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. Through an array of individualized programs including Residential Services and Day Programs, Florida MENTOR helps individuals throughout the state and their families receive the support they need to live life to the fullest in the communities they call home.
With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you’ll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.