Prepare and service bars operating within the hotel in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Food Runner –Server–Bartender
Essential Job Functions
- Greet and acknowledge guests when performing barback related functions.
- Retrieve orders from storeroom; visually check stock received against written requisition with storeroom personnel to ensure order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-check items with bartender for completeness.
- Cut, slice and peel perishable garnishes and fruits, and mix and pour juices in sufficient amounts according to projected business. Store back-up supplies needing refrigeration in prescribed containers for later use.
- Check and assist bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e., stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc., for both the immediate bar and extended service area.
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigeration, and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
- Scoop ice from ice bins, transport to service areas and replenish ice containers for usage.
- Box and save empty liquor bottles as they accumulate for later returns and requisitions.
- Transport and replace taps and perform routine maintenance requirements for beer kegs.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Customer service experience or restaurant experience a plus.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It