- location: Daytona Beach, FL
- salary: $14 per hour
- date posted: Thursday, December 5, 2019
- experience: Experienced
- job type: Temp to Perm
- reference: S_826728
- questions: email@example.com / 386-615-1388
AR Billing Specialist
As a A/R Billing Specialist you will monitor, manage and fully work outstanding assigned insurance claims, to include researching and correcting claims, writing appeals, and facilitating submission to our EHR (Athena) for appealing adverse decisions, contacting payers as needed and all other activities that lead to the successful adjudication of eligible claims. Other responsibilities of this position include
- Responsible for taking action on each non-payment or zero pay claim, including contacting insurance companies as needed to diagnose, correct, and rebill claims
- Responsible for providing any information (medical records, itemized statements, etc.) required by insurance companies to overturn denied claims. Must maintain a system to ensure timely follow-up is completed for each outstanding account.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting insurance payer issues as they arise, communicating issues to impacted team members, providers and/or Manager
- Responsible for identifying and issuing patient and insurance refunds
- Respond to patients requesting assistance with questions relating to account or balance
- Assist Patient Services staff with patient???s requesting advanced assistance with their account
- Covers for other billing office employees, as needed
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures and maintains compliance with governmental regulations
- Maintaining the privacy and security of protected health information and adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Provides superior customer service in a professional, compassionate and friendly manner
Working hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- EHR experience- preferably Athena
- AR Billing Medical experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Previous medical accounts receivable experience
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in medical/healthcare setting
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Products, EHR software applications, preferably Athena
Please apply and submit your resume for an interview.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you’re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.